This position will provide resources and direction to achieve short and long-term H & S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risk.
The successful candidate will ensure development, improvement and implementation of training and focus efforts to sustain and improved safety performance overall.
Specific tasks include:
- Facilitating safety committee meetings
- Conducting facility inspections to identify and correct potential hazards
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations as well as company policies
Additional responsibilities include:
- SDS and LOTO management
- Safety reporting and management of safety newsletter
- Intranet safety site utilizing MS SharePoint
- Candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of OSHA regulations and familiarity with Worker’s Compensation programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well independently and with a team
- Analytical, organizational and PC skills
- Work independently
- Candidate should have a Bachelors degree in Safety or related field, or equivalent work experience of 3 to 5 years
- H&S experience in manufacturing
- Food manufacturing, project management background a plus
- English/Spanish bilingual – a plus
For more information visit Safety Specialist.
If you are a highly driven professional interested in this role, please email Executive Recruiter Krystal Smock at firstname.lastname@example.org.