Plans, organizes, monitors, and oversees the safety and environmental function of the plant to ensure that an effective HSE prevention and compliance program is maintained and that appropriate measures are taken to comply with federal, state, local and corporate policies and directives. Reviews and maintains records required by federal, state and local laws and corporate policies and procedures including OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 programs. Sets objectives, plans actions, organizes, and analyzes costs and controls action step. Files records and reports as needed. Participates and supports all steering and EHS committees.
1. Serves as the Environmental and Safety Management Representative for OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 with all duties as prescribed in the standards.
2. Maintains programs within the ISO / OHSAS standards to support HSE and to maintain third party certification.
3. Generates HSE performance and compliance through cooperation with affected departments, personnel, suggestions, complaints, etc. Establishes and implements safety and environmental guidelines.
4. Reviews all accident and incident reports, follows up on reports as required. Recommends corrective actions, and initiates action steps, as needed. Attends workmen compensation meetings/hearings as required.
5. Educates employees and management on safety and environmental policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Training utilizes posters, storyboards, written materials, videos, electronic media, notices, face to face training, and personal contact.
6. Functions as a member of the HSE Committee. Attends regular meetings. Establishes procedures to improve working conditions, reduce accidents and maintain environmental stewardship..
7. Performs inspections in all departments throughout the facility. Issues a report to all departments. Departments are advised personally and with memos recapping improvements, and recommending needed steps to be taken for corrective actions.
8. Coordinates OSHA and EPA inspections. Completes follow-up reports and action steps for compliance. Acts as a liaison between the company and OSHA / EPA.
9. Addresses areas of Environmental Engineering, i.e. hazardous waste, fumes, dust, solid waste, chemicals, smoke, etc. Generates compliance reports as required by government agencies. Conducts/coordinates various surveys as required to monitor working environment conditions, including noise, light, dust, etc.
10. Completes HSE reviews on a wide variety of facility, equipment, and capital projects at to assure compliance with safety and HSE including new or repaired plant equipment, various manufacturing machines, plant construction projects, etc.
11. Assists with other site HSE programs and compliance guidance as required.
” Bachelor of Science degree with knowledge of safety, environmental, and OSHA laws and regulations or equivalent work experience.
” Experience with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 programs and standards. Has attended and completed a RAB certified Lead Auditor certification in both standards.
For more information visit: HSE Manager