Avery Dennison is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join our largest NA site within Avery Dennison in Greenfield, IN. Our plant is a 300-person, 24/7, non-union facility that produces pressure sensitive labeling solutions for the health, hygiene, food and beverage space. In this role, you will participate on our leadership team and report into the Plant Manager. We are needing a motivated individual that will drive our safety culture and engage our employees at all levels and on all shifts to improve our safety performance and drive a zero tolerance culture.
What you will be doing:
You will need to have 5 – 7 years of safety leadership in 100+ or larger plants. You will also have direct reports so some leadership capability is desired. We need an energetic, passionate and skilled leader to help drive and be responsible for:
- Organizing and controlling the EHS functions of the site to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintained.
- Implementing environmental, health and safety education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigating all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- Managing Job Safety Analysis and PPE compliance program.
- Maintaining the facility’s compliance records for permits. Reviewing Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- Managing the safety program to assure compliance with corporate audit protocols.
- Identifying and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Actively manage a contractor safety program to ensure compliance to corporate EHS standards.
- Managing industrial hygiene program. Coordinate periodic industrial hygiene monitoring of noise, air quality and other IH levels.
- Reviewing plant incident statistics and making recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit the front line leadership to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committees.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Actively participate in the Corporate EHS Network.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Desired Skills and Experience
What you will need to bring to the team:
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety management or related discipline
- 5+ years of EHS leadership experience with progressive work assignments. Advanced professional EHS certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP, CEA, REM etc.) desired.
- Strong leadership, managerial, training, and mentoring skills.
- Industrial safety and occupational EHS within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience in NFPA 101 life safety codes, NFPA 70E, OSHA Regulations, Hazcom / GHS Requirements, and Industrial hygiene.
- Strong Project/Problem resolution skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Good written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and training skills.
For more information visit EHS Manager.
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries.