Under general supervision and while reporting to our client’s Safety Manager, provides safety services in English as needed to assist our client’s construction/renovation projects with their safety and compliance efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Provide safety services for facilities projects.
Provide services that include, but are not limited to: site observations with reports to monitor for OSHA compliance and safety requirements among subcontractors, incident investigation, contractor safety review meetings, meeting attendance, & written safety program review.
Review subcontractors site specific safety plan documents.
Assist during OSHA Compliance Inspections (accompany compliance officers, attend opening and closing meetings (if applicable), and assist in preparation and attendance of informal conferences.
Travel to client locations as necessary (primarily within Indiana).
Demonstrate flexibility in schedule when providing services to client.
Provide assistance and/or coverage for other groups within SMG (as warranted and directed by Group Manager).
Develop written safety programs, policies, and training modules. (secondary duties to above)
Prepare, proofread, and deliver training modules for General Industry and Construction clients.
Tailor training to meet client needs and scope of work.
Real life examples
Develop new policies as needed by clients.
Tailor policies to reflect individual companies’ scope of work and hazards faced by employees.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination between both Safety Management Group and the Client.
Maintain good communication with the client to ensure their expectations are understood and they know our intentions including planned service schedule.
Keep management informed of work activities and of any significant concerns.
Provide assistance and support to applicable Client personnel.
Researches and resolves problems and questions or properly refers them.
Keeps customers properly informed of safety related activities or concerns.
Maintains Company’s professional reputation.
Immediately notifies management of any client complaints or serious service concerns.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Develop and deliver proposals and service agreements in a timely manner to clients for work to be performed. (with pricing approval from Manager)
Keep office work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
Complete special projects as assigned.
Attend meetings as required.
Deliver written products to clients in Adobe PDF format to ensure consistency and protect our product from being easily altered by others.
Save final drafts of developed materials to client file either on Public Drive or on SalesForce for recordkeeping purposes.
Submit appropriate requests for assistance needed with training materials and equipment timely.
Maintain client satisfaction.
Project a positive attitude to encourage safety compliance and awareness to all Clients.
Coordination and communication exists with other staff members.
Maintain required certifications for training delivery.
Management is appropriately informed of activities.
Assigned functions are efficiently and effectively completed in a professional manner.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Safety or safety related field from four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATION: CHST, OHST, CSP, or other Safety Certification preferred. OSHA 30hr for Construction and OSHA 10hr for General Industry required. FA/CPR certification may be required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of OSHA regulations. Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Technical Skills – Possesses ability to train at the safety awareness level at a minimum.
Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer Feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to effectively communicate to groups in English.
Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions. Represents Company in a professional manner at all times.
Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.
Safety Coordinator (Indianapolis)
Posted: Mar 09, 2018
A Wilhelm Safety Coordinator manages and enforces Wilhelm’s Safety Program for the assigned project(s) by identifying, eliminating and controlling hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage. By using and enforcing job specific safety standards, best management practices, and Wilhelm’s safety program, the Safety Coordinator shall ensure the safety of all persons and property on the job site resulting in an accident/incident free project.
Enforce safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all State, Federal, Local regulations (including OSHA) as well as Wilhelm company policies and owner/contractual safety requirements
Investigate all accidents, incidents, and near miss incidents
Recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines, and procedures
Conduct Safety Orientation for new hires
Conduct weekly “Tool Box Safety Meetings” and document the attendance and content of each meeting
Attend Owner meetings
Provide leadership on the project and build working relationship with project staff and subcontractor safety representative to ensure proper compliance
Educate and advise project staff on safety guidelines and policies
Conduct daily and/or weekly (as appropriate or specified by job) job site inspections to ensure all unsafe acts conditions are abated
Record observations from job site inspections and complete inspection reports
Evaluate need for training and make recommendations to subcontractors
Regular and reliable attendance at work
Other duties as assigned by Company Management
The successful candidate possesses:
Thorough knowledge of general construction methods
Thorough knowledge of OSHA standards
Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
Capable of successfully solving difficult contract and contract-related technical problems requiring excellent judgment
Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
Minimum of 5 – 10 years safety experience in construction or similar industry
OSHA 30 Hour Certification
Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company’s safety policies for every situation.
Extended travel and/or temporary, periodic relocation may be necessary
For more information visit Safety Coordinator.
Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist (Noblesville, IN)
Posted: Mar 09, 2018
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist: The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Specialist is responsible for managing the company environmental and safety programs including leading the safety committee and its project portfolio under the guidance of the Operations Steering Team. This position is highly collaborative and will partner with individuals throughout the organization to improve processes and procedures to improve safety within the company. This position will develop and deliver training and collect safety data for reporting and analysis as well as assist continuous improvements projects.
• Promotes Helmer values as demonstrated in personal productivity and quality of work, management of internal/external relationships, actively seeking out and participating in Continuous Improvement practices, and willingness to engage and support team initiatives.
• Enforce, promote and comply with workplace safety procedures for self and Helmer employees.
• Safety: Must be familiar with IOSHA compliance requirements as it relates to manufacturing. Responsible for compliance requirements for state and federal rules & regulations governing environmental protection i.e., Tier II reporting, 313 Community Right to Know (Form R reporting), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, TSCA, etc. Serve as safety point of contact and as the lead member of the Environmental, Health, & Safety Committee managing the company’s environmental and safety project portfolio under the guidance of the Operations Steering Committee; develop and implement safety program guidelines and materials in conjunction with the Vice Presidents of Manufacturing and Human Resources; conduct safety investigations and maintain safety compliance including OSHA log. May assist with ergonomic work station design. Collaborate on Workers’ Compensation claims/management as needed, and partner with Human Resources in the management of Worker’s Compensation clinic relationship to ensure organizational needs are being met.
• Training: Develop and facilitate safety & environmental training to embed safety & environmental compliance as a priority within Helmer’s culture.
• Reporting: Lead audits, collect data for benchmarking, and provide reports.
• Continuous Improvement: assist with continuous improvement projects
• Other duties/responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Relative Work Experience: Minimum 3 years EH&S experience within a regulatory and/or manufacturing environment required
Education: BS degree in Safety, Environmental Engineering or related field. Experience with OSHA regulation compliance is required. Must be familiar with compliance requirements for state and federal rules & regulations governing environmental protection i.e., Tier II reporting, 313 Community Right to Know (Form R reporting), Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, TSCA, etc.
Certifications / Licenses: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
Computer Systems / Software: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work; assess work requirements; make timely and appropriate decisions; meet time commitments.
• Ability to promote and identify process improvements in work environment, actively seeking to make things better.
• Ability to employ expertise, credibility and effective partnering to meet customers needs by identifying, evaluating and resolving relative concerns/issues.
• Ability to lead a project and cross functional project team.
• Ability to influence others in a manner consistent with Helmer values.
• Ability to manage change effectively.
For more information visit Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist.
Helmer Scientific designs, integrates, manufactures, markets, and distributes specialized medical and laboratory equipment to clinical and life science customers in over 125 countries.
Safety Coordinator (Indianapolis)
Posted: Mar 09, 2018
Success for this position and the Company is ultimately grounded in delivering successful projects for our clients. A successful project is defined by the following five essential criteria:
1. Safety Injury free work environments
2. Timeliness Meeting or exceeding customer deadlines
3. Execution Efficient and effective startups
4. Quality Built according to specifications (or better)
5. Profitability At or under budget
The core purpose of the Safety Coordinator is to manage and oversee all safety and OSHA training and documentation. The Safety Coordinator works with all Field Operations personnel to achieve the above, as well as Project Management, as necessary. The Safety Coordinator will work closely with the Quality & Safety Manager, Director of U.S. Operations, QCS personnel, and other potential direct reports.
• Conduct safety training classes Annual Safety Awareness Program (ASAP), and CPR training
• Update safety training records
• Manage OSHA 300 log and report all injuries to Quality and Safety Manager and Field Operations Administrator
• Coordinate with workers comp carrier on injuries
• Coordinate and communicate with the Project Management, Engineering, and Field Operations departments (and others) to better ensure adherence to safety standards
• Protect the organizations value by keeping information confidential
• Maintain flexibility and strive to complete all other requests as directed by upper management
Education, Skills, and Experience
Minimum H.S. Degree, Associates Degree in Safety Management preferred
At least 5 years work experience in training construction staff, with at least 2 years in Safety
Proficiency in Google Apps and MS Office applications (PC and Mac)
Market knowledge; high energy level; professionalism
Superior administrative capacity to manage multiple activities at once
Strong interpersonal skills with proven teamwork, leadership, and a heart to serve
A commitment to grow and mature in the mission, vision, and core values of the Company
A friendly, professional, optimistic demeanor
Composure under pressure; flexibility
Full Time position; salary with benefits
Work Schedule: 50+ hours per week, which may include evenings and weekends
This position will work on site with our field crews and report directly to the Quality & Safety Manager
Significant travel is required
For more information visit Safety Coordinator.
Regional Safety Manager (Indianapolis)
Posted: Mar 09, 2018
The purpose of this position is to execute HBM Holding Company’s (HBM) safety systems and culture primarily for Schafer Industries, and Tru-Flex (including Sacoma) operations.
Responsible for all aspects of safety for personnel, process, transportation, contractor /construction, and security activities.
Leadership of Safety Management Systems implementation
Develop and implement annual safety improvement plans.
Development of defenses for high priority risks, risk ranking of major tasks (aspects and impacts)
Create policies, procedures, and standards
Implement audit protocol
Reliably maintain core processes through the broad engagement of the workforce in safety management
Leadership of Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) across all facilities and employee engagement for safety improvement
Through Learning Teams, execute outstanding response and corrections to significant deviations/errors and preventive actions to reduce the likelihood and/or impact of future incidents.
Facilitate HOP training to the organization.
Establish safety committees/ teams across all locations and operations to share best practices, safety standards, and areas of opportunity.
Collaborate with MLC Safety and other HBM leaders in the relentless pursuit of performance excellence in accordance with HBM Vision, Mission, and Values.
Major regulatory application requirements include OSHA (federal and state).
BS in Occupational Health & Safety. Safety certification a plus.
5-7 years Occupational Safety in Metal or Chemical Manufacturing.
Multi-location responsibility. Implementation of OHSAS 18001 or equivalent international third party verified standard. Training, Safety Meetings, Auditing/Inspections.
For more information visit Regional Safety Manager.