As a Safety Manager, you will serve as the overall safety leader for the company.
- Audits jobsites for safety compliance; follows up to correct deficiencies
- Works with field teams and superintendents to investigate accidents and incidents
- Prepares and presents monthly/annual training, and other monthly safety meeting topics
- Develop, revise, and implements job site-specific safety policies and safe work procedures
- Approves safety supplies and personal protective equipment for use
- Enforces safety rules and helps develop good employee safety attitudes during site visits
- Ensures all documentation and recordkeeping is properly filled out, including accident logs and investigation reports
- Recommends company safety policy changes to corporate staff
- Serves as first contact for OSHA or other safety regulators
- Bachelor of Science degree – Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or closely related.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a Safety/Supervisory role, preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and/or through written communication with all levels of personnel within the Company and with Federal, State and local safety regulators.
- Experience using personal computers in a work environment for spreadsheet and document presentation. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to organize daily tasks and to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to form strong team relationships with field managers and supervisors.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%– 70% of time
- Must be eligible to work in the US
For more information visit Safety Manager.
For additional information about Thieneman Construction, please visit: www.thienemanconstruction.com
Thieneman Construction, Inc., (TCI) is a local self-performing general contractor dedicated to exceeding client expectations by safely building high quality projects, offering value engineering and competitive pricing, and meeting project deadlines. Since Its incorporation, TCI has built over 216 jobs with a value of over $400 million.