Ajilon is currently conducting an active search for an HR/Safety Specialist in the Indianapolis IN area. If you are the ideal candidate for this position you will be responsible for assisting with or implementing a variety of Human Resources programs as well as providing guidance and oversight for environmental health and safety issues for the company.
Your Responsibilities Could Include
- Assisting with a variety of HR functions, including employee relations, leave administration, Affirmative Action record keeping and recruiting.
- May act as a dedicated HR representative to assigned company locations, providing guidance to facility leadership and employees on HR related issues.
- Providing training on Human Resources and health/safety topics as needed. Develops training programs to support identified training needs.
- Developing, enhancing, implementing a nd monitoring safety and environmental programs consistent with OSHA, EPA, DOT/IATA and other federal, state and international regulations.
- Working in cooperation with other departments and international facilities to maintain compliance with developing international chemical and safety regulations.
- Working with plant management when incorporating occupational health and safety considerations into the design specification, purchase, lease and supply of new plant equipment, materials, products and substances used in the workplace.
- Maintaining measurable safety and human resources metrics and methods of accountability.
- Managing the company’s workers’ compensation program.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, insurance company representatives, medical practitioners, and other individuals and groups that impact human resources or safety and environmental.
- Traveling up to 10% of the time to company locations to perform annual health & safety audits, training, and other activities as assigned.
- Working with location management to ensure all environmental permits, records and reports to proper regulatory agencies are developed in a timely manner and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Addressing employee inquiries, complaints and resolves problems by _ using appropriate resources/other departments to achieve results/answers.
- Carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assisting with departmental budget creation and helps to maintain the budget through management of expenditures.
- Accomplishing other projects and duties as assigned
Your Qualifications Will Be
- BA/BS in a safety or human resources related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in EH&S or human resources in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Prefer experience in both human resources and health/safety.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has the ability to acquire a passport if needed for international travel.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train others in the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to management, public groups, and employee groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively create and present training materials.
- Able to work under stressful conditions and deadlines.
- Possesses strong skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills, leadership qualities and the ability to give guidance to leadership when making strategic decisions that affect the organization and facilities represented.
- Capable of working effectively with Microsoft Office suite products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please email Chelsea Klinker at Chelsea.email@example.com.
For more information visit HR/Safety Specialist.
At Ajilon, we are a leader in temporary and permanent recruitment and the placement of top talent. Our areas of specialty include organizational leadership and support positions in HR, non-clinical healthcare, office administration and more. With over 50 offices in North America, we have the resources and the technology to offer job seekers and employers greater flexibility, making it possible for us to work with them in the way that works best for them.