Ajilon is currently conducting an active search for an HR/Safety Specialist in the Indianapolis IN area. If you are the ideal candidate for this position you will be responsible for assisting with or implementing a variety of Human Resources programs as well as providing guidance and oversight for environmental health and safety issues for the company.
Your Responsibilities Could Include
- Assisting with a variety of HR functions, including employee relations, leave administration, Affirmative Action record keeping and recruiting.
- May act as a dedicated HR representative to assigned company locations, providing guidance to facility leadership and employees on HR related issues.
- Providing training on Human Resources and health/safety topics as needed. Develops training programs to support identified training needs.
- Developing, enhancing, implementing a nd monitoring safety and environmental programs consistent with OSHA, EPA, DOT/IATA and other federal, state and international regulations.
- Working in cooperation with other departments and international facilities to maintain compliance with developing international chemical and safety regulations.
- Working with plant management when incorporating occupational health and safety considerations into the design specification, purchase, lease and supply of new plant equipment, materials, products and substances used in the workplace.
- Maintaining measurable safety and human resources metrics and methods of accountability.
- Managing the company’s workers’ compensation program.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, insurance company representatives, medical practitioners, and other individuals and groups that impact human resources or safety and environmental.
- Traveling up to 10% of the time to company locations to perform annual health & safety audits, training, and other activities as assigned.
- Working with location management to ensure all environmental permits, records and reports to proper regulatory agencies are developed in a timely manner and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Addressing employee inquiries, complaints and resolves problems by _ using appropriate resources/other departments to achieve results/answers.
- Carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assisting with departmental budget creation and helps to maintain the budget through management of expenditures.
- Accomplishing other projects and duties as assigned
Your Qualifications Will Be
- BA/BS in a safety or human resources related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in EH&S or human resources in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Prefer experience in both human resources and health/safety.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has the ability to acquire a passport if needed for international travel.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train others in the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to management, public groups, and employee groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively create and present training materials.
- Able to work under stressful conditions and deadlines.
- Possesses strong skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills, leadership qualities and the ability to give guidance to leadership when making strategic decisions that affect the organization and facilities represented.
- Capable of working effectively with Microsoft Office suite products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please email Chelsea Klinker at Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit HR/Safety Specialist.
At Ajilon, we are a leader in temporary and permanent recruitment and the placement of top talent. Our areas of specialty include organizational leadership and support positions in HR, non-clinical healthcare, office administration and more. With over 50 offices in North America, we have the resources and the technology to offer job seekers and employers greater flexibility, making it possible for us to work with them in the way that works best for them.
EHS Specialist (Greenfield, IN)
Posted: May 15, 2017
Reporting the site EHS Manager, the EHS Specialist II will assist in enhancing Greenfield Indiana’s environmental, health and safety culture by performing a variety of activities across all shifts of a 24/7 operation. Key responsibilities include:
EHS Programs & Management System Responsibilities
- Assists in the implantation of company EHS programs and develops facility specific procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements.
- Participate in the development of EHS program components: operational procedure, work instructions, training material, standards, etc.
- Assists in the integration of Company and facility level EHS management systems to maintain compliance, environmental protection and safe operating conditions.
Reporting & Documentation
- Requirements include integration of environmental, health and safety management systems with engineering and program documentation and schedules to maintain regulatory compliance and safe operating conditions.
- Reduce liability within the facility and ensure all safety and environmental recommendations are completed and documented.
- Compile process safety information for each covered process and keep readily accessible to process employees and management as well as updated on an annual basis.
- Use a structured processes score card to measure and communicate Safety/Environmental performance with both leading results and indicators.
- Track and regularly report the status of regulatory compliance and improvement initiatives.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log, form 101, and all other governmental and corporate database records.
Training, Resource & Counsel
- Serve as a resource to the site manager in regards to EH&S matters and acts as daily point of contact for all EH&S issues. Assists line and staff management in understanding OSHA/EPA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA/EPA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Assist in the organization and oversight of EHS functions to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintained, that appropriate measures are taken to comply with Corporate, OSHA/EPA and related safety and environmental policies agencies and directives. Ensure that the company stays in compliance with company and client policies and procedures as well as federal and state laws.
- Provides advice and counsel to product and process engineers and leads to incorporate environmental health and safety principles and concepts to prevent workplace, operational hazards and environmental impacts.
- Develops, revises and conducts environmental, health and safety education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Act as a resource and mentor to facility safety teams. Investigate all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- The position may also be responsible for treating minor injuries, managing workmen’s comp. cases, EHS training, recordkeeping, performing accident investigations, etc.
Compliance & Safety Programs
- Helps to manage the Job Safety Analysis, ergonomic and OSHA PPE compliance programs.
- Maintain each facility’s compliance records for permits. Review Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control practices and programs. Maintains the site’s SDS system.
- Reviews proposed MOCs and approve them from a safety/environmental perspective. Works closely with Engineering and Maintenance departments ensuring safety/environmental compliance of projects and equipment.
- Manage industrial hygiene program. Maintain and calibrate industrial hygiene testing equipment. Coordinate and conduct periodic industrial hygiene monitoring of noise, air quality and other IH levels.
- Investigates compliance issues in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notify top management of pertinent details. Guides and assists plant personnel at locations with critical environmental, safety and health issues.
- Reviews plant incident statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Conducts periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Assure that all modifications to existing PSM covered processes must go through a pre-safety start-up review, management of change, and a process hazard analysis.
- Use ELS methodology to drive improvements in Environmental and Safety programs. Engineer solutions to occupational exposures. Drive continuous improvement and deliver strong results from behavioral based processes.
- Evaluates new environmental, health and safety technologies and processes to develop strategies and tactics for reducing workplace and operational hazards and environmental impacts.
Education and Years of Relevant Experience, Skills & Knowledge.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering / Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of EHS experience with progressive work assignments. Advanced professional certification in safety e.g. CSP, CIH, etc. desired.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, NFPA) and EHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience in life safety codes: EHS rules, HAZWOPER, training, principles of occupational safety and health, and Industrial hygiene.
- Good Project/Problem Resolution skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Strategic thinking with strong leadership skills and good interpersonal communications.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and training skills
- Under minimal supervision, and in accordance with established procedures, performs work that is complex and varied in nature, requiring detailed evaluation, originality, or ingenuity.
- May partner with cross-functional teams in complex programs or initiatives.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of sales, communications and marketing to the completion of complex assignments.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
For more information visit EHS Specialist.
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Safety Manager (Westfield, IN)
Posted: May 15, 2017
As a Safety Manager, you will serve as the overall safety leader for the company.
- Audits jobsites for safety compliance; follows up to correct deficiencies
- Works with field teams and superintendents to investigate accidents and incidents
- Prepares and presents monthly/annual training, and other monthly safety meeting topics
- Develop, revise, and implements job site-specific safety policies and safe work procedures
- Approves safety supplies and personal protective equipment for use
- Enforces safety rules and helps develop good employee safety attitudes during site visits
- Ensures all documentation and recordkeeping is properly filled out, including accident logs and investigation reports
- Recommends company safety policy changes to corporate staff
- Serves as first contact for OSHA or other safety regulators
- Bachelor of Science degree – Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or closely related.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a Safety/Supervisory role, preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and/or through written communication with all levels of personnel within the Company and with Federal, State and local safety regulators.
- Experience using personal computers in a work environment for spreadsheet and document presentation. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to organize daily tasks and to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to form strong team relationships with field managers and supervisors.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%– 70% of time
- Must be eligible to work in the US
For more information visit Safety Manager.
For additional information about Thieneman Construction, please visit: www.thienemanconstruction.com
Thieneman Construction, Inc., (TCI) is a local self-performing general contractor dedicated to exceeding client expectations by safely building high quality projects, offering value engineering and competitive pricing, and meeting project deadlines. Since Its incorporation, TCI has built over 216 jobs with a value of over $400 million.
EH&S Manager (Indianapolis)
Posted: May 15, 2017
This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment based out of our Indianapolis, IN site. This position will require a flexible work schedule in addition to strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for EHS Compliance at multiple facilities
- Work alongside managers/employees on EHS issues
- Develop Corrective Action Plans with facility management
- Assist in coordination, planning and facilitating training seminars
- Conduct weekly staff safety training
- Assist in Accident investigation
- Lead monthly Safety Committee meetings
- Oversee weekly/monthly inspections at each plant
- Analyze accidents for trends and prevention measures
- Recognize safety hazards or unsafe work practices and develop Corrective Action Plans
- Travel offsite for educational opportunities and corporate safety meetings
- Maintain an open line of communication with Safety Director and management
- Assist site management as needed with various EHS related projects
- Experience 2+ years depending on qualifications and education
- Ability to lead, provide direction, coach and mentor and problem solve
- Willingness to work with all levels of company to achieve safety expectations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret plant safety procedures and metrics
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations
- Communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills:
-Proficient in Microsoft Office software
-Proficient in navigating Windows-based systems (folder/file structure, etc.)
-Understands the value and importance of the hands-on approach:
-Must be willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field identifying potential issues through frequent observation and soliciting individual input at the work area to verify root cause.
-Creative, innovative thinker with a common sense approach to complex issues
- Displays a willingness to learn and develop in a team environment
- Projects a positive attitude, adapts well, and embraces challenging opportunities
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Will require travel up to 50% of the time
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and climb
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet, cold, humid and/or hot conditions inside and outside the manufacturing areas.
For more information visit EH&S Manager.
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Construction Safety Consultant (Indianapolis)
Posted: May 08, 2017
Trinity Safety Group is seeking a qualified Construction Safety Services Consultant to work with various clients in our Central Indiana. The Safety Services Consultant will work with a very close-knit team of consultants as well as the Trinity executive team to meet multiple clients’ safety needs. This is a great opportunity to be a core member of the Trinity Safety Group consulting team. The role offers solid growth opportunity for a motivated individual!
A sampling of responsibilities:
- Working with multiple clients in the Indianapolis and surrounding area to fulfill their safety needs
- Monitoring work on the job site and identifying potential safety issues
- Managing and tracking safety training for competent person training, task training, equipment training etc.
- Reviewing policies, procedures and risk management initiatives to determine OSHA non-compliance and missing policies/procedures
- Conducting monitoring and measurement activities (site observations and reports)
- Supporting management in completion of claims management and incident investigations
- Analyzing project data, establishing trends and communicating learning points
- Supporting and guiding management team in completing new defined processes and procedures
- Organizing an efficient schedule of client visits, trainings and administrative work
- Participating in local association events and other networking opportunities
- Occasional business development activities such as calling on potential clients
Our ideal Safety Services Business Partner should have the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of safety experience in construction preferred; a mix of construction and general industry experience is ideal
- OSHA 500 certification preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree and / or CHST certification preferred
- Ability to travel throughout the greater Indianapolis area
For more information visit Construction Safety Consultant
Trinity Safety Group is an innovative, rapidly growing company that has been dedicated to providing safety services that assist with risk reduction and facilitating safe behavior. For nearly fifteen years, TSG has been servicing clients nationwide in the construction, healthcare, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemical, logistics, industrial, and mining industries. Our team of highly knowledgeable experts strives to provide industry-leading services to every client, every time.