What you will be doing
- Provide safety policy and process support to enable business unit leadership to achieve safety objectives
- Meet set goals and performance initiatives
- Use organizational, team building, presentation, and leadership skills
- Interact, communicate, and perform in a union environment
- Communicate and coordinate cross-functionally
- Develop, prepare, and deliver safety training
- Lead projects from inception to implementation
- Assist in the facilitation of safety meetings and safety committees
- Conduct root cause analysis during incident investigations
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring and sampling
- Act as a field safety subject matter expert in utility work
Desired Skills and Experience
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental science, human resources or a related field of study
- 4+ years of safety or environmental leadership experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial safety management including OSHA, DOT, worker’s compensation
- Excellent organizational, presentation, team building and leadership skills
It would be awesome if you have:
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Utility Safety Administrator (CUSA), OSHA 30-hour General Industry and (or) Construction Course
- 2-4 years of experience in the gas / electric utility industry, construction or related field
For more information visit Safety Consultant
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Safety department, we are focused on continuously improving our safety culture by engaging and empowering all employees to reduce risk, promote safety and health, and protect our workforce, assets and the public. We drive initiatives around awareness, education, engagement, and compliance. Our organization is looking for diverse, ambitious colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and helping to improve our processes! We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Noblesville is the county seat of Hamilton County and located just over 20 miles north of Indianapolis, IN. Enjoy outdoor activities? Catch a concert at the Klipsch Music Center, visit one of the many parks, take your pick of several golf courses or kayak down the White River. This city offers something for everyone including shopping, historic sightseeing, museums and a flourishing arts community. Muncie, Indiana is a potential reporting location for this position as well.
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. Vectren’s wholly owned subsidiary, Vectren Utility Holdings, Inc., serves as the intermediate holding company for three operating utilities: Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana – North (Vectren North), Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana – South (Vectren South) and Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio (VEDO).
Plant SHE Manager (Columbus, IN)
Posted: Jun 20, 2017
Degree: BS Safety, Environmental or related technical degree
Years of Experience: 3+ years
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 based on experience
Must have 3+ years of plant safety experience within general industry.
Position will lead the safety and environmental initiatives (90% safety and 10% environmental compliance) for a (120) employee, non-union plant. Support the plant’s safety processes and ensure systems are in place and are highly functioning to maintain compliance with the site regulatory requirements and expectations.
The facility will be expanding in size over the next few years and the position will report into the Plant HR Director.
Key Requirements include:
- 3+ years of plant safety and health experience with proven track record of success
- Related Bachelor degree
- Manufacturing experience required
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels (site and executive level)
For additional information regarding the positions listed below, please contact:
Laura Petraitis-Doll, EHS Recruiter
LS Doll & Associates
Office 708-478-3894 | Cell 708-212-2810 | Laura@lsdoll.com | www.lsdoll.com
Sr. Safety Manager (Evansville, IN)
Posted: Jun 12, 2017
About the Job
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety & Health with 5 years of experience in managing safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven knowledge of OSHA requirements and Workers Comp. process.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, specifically proficient in Excel.
- Ability to evaluate problems and identify a unique approach to manage safety issues. Root cause analysis techniques a must.
- Strong communication skills – written, oral, interpersonal.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
- Implement and maintain a continuing educational and safety promotional program for supervisors and employees. Coordinate development of safety educational materials.
- Advise management regarding the necessary safety and health information and new regulatory requirements. Be aware of state and federal laws, directives, standards, and codes dealing with employee safety and health.
- Perform regular facility inspections to identify potential health and physical hazards.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual safety and worker comp reports and maintain statistical reports on safety performance and activities.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and submit reports. Review all reports and incident/accident investigations for all locations.
- Monitor work comp cases to assist in rapid closure of all claims.
- Overview and supervise safety managers at other Azteca plants and give support as needed.
- Consult with plant management and purchasing on plans regarding proposed changes in process, equipment, and methods in regards to safety and health standards.
- Coordinate requirements for insurance coverage for outside contractor services.
- Act as liaison between insurance carriers, state and federal agencies, and emergency services regarding safety and health.
- Prepare annual Safety Department budget and monitor safety budget for all locations.
For more information visit Senior Safety Manager
Director of Safety & Security (Indianapolis)
Posted: Jun 09, 2017
Aligns security, safety, and risk management efforts with business objectives.
Drives program implementation that lead to emergency preparedness, protection against loss/risk.
Reduces/eliminates safety/security hazards for the Zoo’s collection, employees, and guests.
For more information visit Director of Safety & Security.
Also visit http://www.indianapoliszoo.com/contact/employment-and-volunteers
EHS Manager (Edinburgh, IN)
Posted: Jun 03, 2017
What You Will Be Doing
Develops, implements, and monitors company environmental protection, occupational health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. Interacts with a variety of departments, conducts EHS training, monitors environmental compliance and acts as liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies. Performs periodic safety inspections, monitors hazardous waste removal activities and recommends corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist.
What You Need for this Position
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree desired, would consider High School graduate or G.E.D with additional 5 years of recent and relevant EHS experience
- 2+ years of safety management experience and OSHA knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Standards desired
- 3+ years of administrative experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Willingness to learn new things
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
For more information visit Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Manager.
CyberCoders, a division of On Assignment, is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm. Through our innovative technology and efficient recruiters, CyberCoders helps find the right candidate for the right job. Fast.